MINI COOPER-BETTER WORLD OF MINI CARS:The MINI Cooper is a small two-door, four-passenger car produced by BMW as a modern version of the original Mini, offered in both coupe and convertible versions. In the late 1950s, Alec Issigonis designed a small car that would accommodate four adults and their luggage. On August 26, 1959, the MINI was born, produced by the British Motor Corp. Production in 1959 was only around 20,000 cars. BMW purchased the Rover Group in 1994.
The 2014 MINI Cooper is all new, ushering in the third generation of the retro coupe. The new Cooper has grown in nearly all dimensions, featuring a larger interior and longer wheelbase. The new dimensions increase occupants' space and aim to increase pedestrian safety. The MINI Cooper also has two new engines.
- 1.5-liter turbocharged inline-three @ 134 hp
- 162 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0-liter inline-four that produces 189 horsepower
- 221 lb-ft of torque.
- Sophisticated new equipment, a nicer interior, more rational ergonomics, and a quieter ride are some of the more pleasant effects of a Mini that has grown up.Base Cooper particularly-increasing its responsiveness. Mini enters adulthood with its personality intact.
- Slightly larger, better upholstered, a bit more secure, and a bit less fitful on the road, the Mini is growing up.
- The Mini no longer is raw or gritty. This Mini rides smoother, provides more power and more efficiency, comes loaded with high-tech features, and even provides a little more room.
- With its much-improved base engine, less quirky ergonomics and an even more enjoyable driving experience.
- The third-generation Cooper S is larger, quieter, and more refined than its predecessor, even if its overall look hasn’t changed much. Cooper S boasts new found maturity to go with its turbocharged 189-hp four-cylinder engine.An adjustable suspension is optional and in sport mode stiffens up the ride.
- The five-door Mini is based on the latest version of the three-door, introduced earlier this year. However, it has been stretched by around 16cm to make room for the two extra doors and improve both rear legroom and boot space.
- Drivetrain: Cooper: 1.5-liter Twin Power turbocharged three-cylinder, Cooper S: 2.0-liter Twin Power turbocharged inline-four, FWD.
- Output: Cooper: 134-hp & 162 lb-ft, Cooper S: 189-hp & 207 lb-ft.
- Curb Weight: Cooper: 2,605 lbs., Cooper S: 2,760 lbs.
- Fuel Economy:
Cooper automatic: 30 city/42 hwy, Cooper manual: 30 city/41 hwy
Cooper S automatic: 28 city/40 hwy, Cooper S manual: 23 city/37 hwy
- Base Price: Cooper: $20,745. Cooper S: $24,395
THE VIDEO OF TEST DERIVE IS HERE: